PHY180H1F - Mechanics
- Physics For Scientists and Engineers
Vol. 1, 7th ed - by Serway - Required
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers Vol. 1, 7th ed by Serway
- Study Guide
All of these are available in the Main
University Textbook store.
Try to read text material before lectures.
A lecture schedule is posted on the home page.
Chapters 1 - 13
and chapter 15 of text.
- Weekly assignments are posted on the website on Mondays.
- Assignment solutions should be put in the tutorial box with your
tutorial leader's name on it by 5:00 PM the following Monday.
Solutions will be posted on the home page at that time. The tutorial
boxes are located behind the stairs in the basement.
- Late assignments will not be accepted.
Since the best 7
of 9 assignments is used in arriving at your problem set mark, if you miss one
or two assignment for any reason you will not suffer a penalty.
- Tutorials will not be used for solving assignment problems, however
hints may be given there for some problems.
is often beneficial for understanding how to start solving a problem, but
copying a solution (in whole or in part) from another student is plagiarism and
is subject to a severe sanction.
- About three problems from an assignment
will be marked. You won't know beforehand which ones.
|Problem sets (best 7 of 9)
|Two term Tests
|Final Exam (2.5 hours, Type A)
Term Test 1
Thursday October 11
Term Test 2
Thursday November 8