The term test has 4 questions of equal
- only your best 3 answers will count.
- questions may have multiple parts.
- the test is 50 minutes long, so
the questions are short.
The test is 50 minutes long
- Bring a calculator.
- Bring a double-sided handwritten
letter sized aid sheet.
The term test covers
- material from the lectures up to
- problem sets 1 & 2
- Chapters 1-9 of the text.
When making up my tests and exams,
I look primarily at
- the lectures
- the problem sets
- materil related to the above two,
e.g. derivations of formulas understanding of concepts, related
formula and concepts
I then consider
- other material from the text. (Not
more than 1 question would require such other material; such questions
are unlikely to be deep or subtle.)
Look at last years midterm.