Final exam is
- Monday April 21
- from 9:00am to 12:00 noon
- in Brennan Hall, 81 St. Mary Street
- Many constants and other information are given.
An example of the first two pages of the
exam is posted.
- Most questions on the exam are related to the
problem sets, the midterm test, or to problems from Frauenfelder
- Solutions to Problem Set 5 will be posted on
- All parts of the course were given equal consideration
in making up the exam.
- Most questions have multiple parts.
- Answers may involve analysis, explanations, calculations,
- I will be generally available to answer questions
up until the exam, but send e-mail or call first if you want to
be sure to find me.
- constituents and interactions
- conservation laws and symmetries
- theoretical models and experimental observations
- scattering and decays
- Problem Sets and Midterm
- Those sections of the text necessary to understand
the lectures or problem sets.
Sections of Text thought to be relevant to lectures
or problem sets.
of Radiation Through Matter
of Subatomic Particles
Section 6.9-6.11, and "Diffraction Scattering - Frauenhofer
Approximation" & "The Glauber Approximation"
in Section 16.12
Under Spatial Rotation
Independence of Hadronic Forces
C, and T
10. The Electromagnetic
11. The Weak
to Gauge Theories
Mesons, and Baryons
16.2 The Fermi
Collapse and Neutron Stars